Monday, May 11, 2009

Daughters, Grand-daughters, Moms, and Grandmas

Mothers Day is such a NECESSARY day... Don't you think? As a mom ~ I get breakfast in bed, TONS of homemade cards and projects, and best of all, lots of hugs and kisses. As a daughter ~ I get to kiss my mom and thank God for her. As a grand-daughter ~ I get to kiss both of my living grandmas and thank God for allowing them to still be here. I spent the day with some beautiful woman today and I am so thankful for each of them.



My girls had a fun day together. I got to watch them through my camera lens and realize how fortunate they are to have each other. Ok so they don't always feel that way but someday they will, I hope!!! It was nice to see them acting like little girls without a care in the world.





This grandma is 98 years old and still healthier than any of us. Wish we could have taken her out to enjoy the gorgeous day.


This grandma is going to be 90 this year and WOW has she lived a full life! We grew up spending soooo much time at her house. She honestly spent 100 percent of her time teaching all of us... stuff.
We LOVED every minute we spent at their house ~ well when we had to roll the hay in the fields, and mice and snakes would be nested there - HATED HATED HATED that. They just recently sold the farm but they live right next to it so they can still enjoy the land. The white barn is where the cousins grew up. My kids don't understand why my favorite animal is a cow. (They just don't get it) My grandparents were able to give so many of us the best memories in the world.



So thankful for being able to spend the day with my most important woman in my life. (minus my mother in law) She was able to spend the day with the boys. I am very thankful to her as well. We will have to get a photo session with Steves parents... SOON.

1 comment:

  1. Amy,

    You took some spectacular pictures!!! (Those will be treasured forever!) Love love love them all and obviously I LOVE the women (and girls) who are in the pictures! They are all very special to me! :o) I'm glad you guys had a beautiful day.

    I too have great memories of your brother and I spending the night at Grandma W's when we were kids and spending the day playing in the barn, doing things with Grandpa W! It was always a treat to go there!

    ReplyDelete