Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Rainy Rainy Day

Before we had kids, we owned 2 absolutely awesome dogs. I LOVED these dogs to death. Yes I even dressed them up ~ and they were NOT little (how embarrassing!!). However, since we had 5 kids in 3 1/2 years, the dogs kinda became much less important. We were living in a very tiny house with 5 babies, 2 adults, 2 dogs and a very evil cat. Needless to say - after certain circumstances, we ended up with no dogs and no cat.

Well again after dad died (sorry to keep bringing that up) we just needed something. My kids were sad and I was sad so what better way to cheer us all up... PUPPIES! AWWWW look how cute.





We all LOVE these dogs to death. They really helped us heal a little. My girls took over the role of dressing them up. HOWEVER, reality kicks in when you have to deal with things like: POO or them deciding to go through the garbage, or when they decide to become a nick nack and sit on our end tables, or when they tear around the house when kids are sleeping, or when they bark at birds or a leaf moving outside, or when we find a dog on TOP of our counter eating a pot of spaghetti. Funny now, but let me tell you - that dog had a red face for quite a while! and we had NO left overs for the next day. I could go on and on but when you love something you just do it, right? RIGHT???

One more thing we get to deal with is what we call yucky wet dog. You know the deal... towels, sitting by the back door till they are a little dry, and worst of all the smell. EWWW! He is so proud to be slopping around in the rain!




We all still love them, and we just deal with it cause we LOVE them, RIGHT????


So even though it isn't sunny and beautiful out, I still wanted to take some pictures. So I opened my back door and this is what I see. I suppose with no rain we wouldn't see those beautiful trees turning greener every day or the buds on those trees coming out. I feel the urge to try to brighten the tree shot, but let me tell you, there is NOTHING bright about this dreary gorgeous day.






Thank you Lord for GREEN trees and grass, this means life just keeps going on... No matter what.

4 comments:

  1. Awwww....love your dogs! I know the kids do too! I still think about Ruby and Copper. They were great too! I do remember myself dealing with the wet paws and trying my best to dry them off some with a towel.

    Speaking of your dad again, you know it is because of him that we had our Pepper growing up! My brother and I wanted a dog sooooo bad and mom and dad just weren't sure they wanted another after ours passed away. But, thanks to your dad, he made sure we got a dog....and a she was a fantastic dog. She lived a good life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was definately a strong believer in dogs for kids. Remember Rusty? AWWWWW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, I loved Rusty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the dripping rain photos Amy. Very cool!

    I actually think it's awesome that you talk about your dad on here so much. I love getting to remember him with you.

    ReplyDelete